The Country Manager, China is responsible to lead, direct, integrate and coordinate activities of all the departments, such as operations, business development, logistics, finance, people(HR) and customer experience of the business to a sustainable financial position. He/She is responsible for the management and development of all departments with managerial and financial responsibilities for the business.
- Participates in directing and coordinating all departmental activities to develop and implement short term to long-range financial and business goals and objectives to meet business and profitability growth.
- To oversee all of the company's operations, business development, logistics, finance, people(HR) and customer experience functions as well as the day-to-day operations of the business.
- Responsible for effective planning, delegating, coordinating, staffing, organising, decision making and controlling to attain desirable profit-making results for the organisation, and take full responsibility of the profit and loss of the businesses.
- To build a strong relationship with trade partners, and to seek opportunities to negotiate good cooperation terms.
- To review analysis of business activities, costs, operations and forecast data to determine departments’ progress towards stated goals and objectives with process to set pre-post KPIs of business.
- To develop, review, update and implement business strategic planning, including financial performance, operations process and budgeting planning process.
- At least a Degree holder in Business and Management studies, Operations Management, Retail Management or related field.
- Minimum 15 years of working experience in the FMCG/Retail industry with proven track records in managing all functional departments.
- Strong knowledge and understanding of business practices in mainland China. Must have lived and worked in mainland China for good number of years.
- Strong written, communication and presentation skills in English and native Mandarin.
- Strong business acumen, with numeric and analytical skills.
- Have strong interpersonal and diplomatic capabilities.
- Possesses leadership competencies to lead, coach and motivate the team.
- A forward thinker with an open mind.
- Willingness to learn and ability to take on new challenges.