Senior Software Engineer
Delivering Global Happiness
We are Dreamers of the impossible who challenge ourselves to make it happen.
Having started in Singapore as an F&B company in 2007 before launching IRVINS Salted Egg in 2014 and Saiko Butter Brew in 2018, IRVINS Salted Egg is now present in 5 countries including Singapore, Philippines, Hong Kong, South Korea and Taiwan. Our people are integral in shaping our global journey from this early phase.
Imbued with the resilience of a 10-year-old company and the energy and spirit of a 4-year-old startup, we empower our family members with autonomy and freedom to experiment in a product-driven environment full of incredibly difficult challenges to solve.
It's an immensely exciting time for us and our customers as we pursue our vision of delivering happiness worldwide.
As a Senior Software Engineer, you will lead our growing inhouse engineering team to build and improve various products that span from customer experiences online (ecommerce website, O2O and apps) to operational softwares across departments, across all our countries including but not limited to Singapore, Hong Kong, Philippines, Taiwan, Thailand, South Korea, and more to come.
This is a blend of leadership, management, and programming roles where you will be coordinating the work of a software development team and working with our product team to determine goals and requirements.
● Build, architect and deploy scalable ecommerce and O2O products and company-related softwares / platforms across all our countries
● Identifies, evaluates, and implements solutions using application best practices, current architectures, and technologies to meet current and future needs
● Develop, lead and inspire our nimble Tech team. Be a magnet for talent and accelerate the hiring of strong architects and engineers
● Work closely with Ecommerce Manager, various Product Owners and the COO to develop and deliver quality products
● Minimum 2+ years of engineering leadership experience with a track record of successful
delivery of software
● A combination of domain expertise in cloud services, SaaS, web and mobile development, infrastructure, and/or system-level software is highly desired
● Ability to lead and coach team members
● Ability to manage requests and expectations from all stakeholders and translate them into manageable projects
● Ability to organize, prioritize, and manage multiple projects
● Expertise in a combination of web, cloud, mobile development and/or devops, especially high volume consumer facing applications
● Backend technologies, particularly, but no limited to PHP - Laravel, Node.js - Express, MySQL, MongoDB database.
● Experience managing cloud-based services and infrastructure (AWS, Google Cloud, Digital Ocean, etc).
● Understand modern frontend technologies, particularly React and Vue.js
● Experience in Continuous Integration & Delivery deployment
● Experience in big data and analytics is a huge plus